Sunday, April 06, 2008

The In-Laws, gotta luv em!

My wonderful in-laws decided to come visit us towards the end of January. So once again we strapped on our snow shoes and drove up to clear lake- we should own some property up there with as much as we are there. This time, the weather was great. The sun was out at times, a light snow sprinkle at other times. The snow was not deep but the lake was still frozen. We walked a different 3 mile loop, enjoying the weather and the company. The dogs behaved, and walk was nice. We walked out onto the middle of the lake and decided to snap some pictures.

1st picture- Tom and Ann stop for a quick photo in the middle of clear lake. We walked on water!

















2nd Picture - Tom and I decided to "strike a pose". Notice my attitude... oh yeah, I am too sexy for my snow shoes. Those are my gloves in my jacket pockets, my stomach isn't that big... I swear! If only I had an excuse to explain the ghetto booty... You can barely make out dots on the lake in the background. Those are snowmobilers- a group of 7 or so, using the lake as their race track. I WANNA DO THAT!






3rd Picture- Ann and Zena at the clear lake sign. Our dog was told to come several times before the picture was taken. She stood there and stared at us with the look you see here. She listens so well! Brat!















After a day in the snow we wanted to show Tom and Ann the other side of Oregon. So the next day, we drove out to the coast, it's KITE FLYING TIME!


























We had a great time at the coast. Elisabeth got the bright idea to grab some drift wood and bring it home, hoping to prove the myth that while it burns, the fire turns several different colors- or something like that. So we all carried an armfull of sandfilled, wet driftwood to the car to take home. When we got it home I made a nice fire, got it burning hot, and threw on the driftwood. It was amazing, the wood burned a deep... blackish gray. Did you know that damp wood doesn't burn much, it really just smokes. Yeah, so did we, but we tried it anyway. The few flames we got from it were the normal fire color. So we now have some very sandy firewood that really just smokes. I love my wife.





-Josh

No comments: