Monday, May 03, 2010

Baby Jonah is here!!!

So, I finally went into labor Monday morning, April 26th. I sent Josh off to work for a few hours just until I was sure the contractions were getting longer, stronger and closer together. He worked from about 8 AM to 10:30 AM because at that point my contractions were about 4 minutes apart. We waited to go to the hospital until they were 3 minutes apart, which was around 12:30. I was excited that this was going much faster than my labor with Miss Ellie. After that, it was pretty much a blur until Jonah was born at 6:45 pm. I was definitely nesting up until we went to the hospital b/c I insisted on doing laundry, vacuuming and gave serious consideration to scrubbing some spots on the carpet before we left. And I did insist that Josh stop by the bank to deposit cash we'd received for his business. Had I been thinking about the 10 or 20 speed bumps we had to go over to get to the bank, I would have probably skipped this. By the time we got to the hospital and checked in, I had pretty much checked out and was just focusing on relaxing through the contractions. At one point, Josh discovered that I had flooded the bathroom b/c the birth ball I was sitting on in the shower was covering the drain. I really didn't care that I was flooding it and was really pissed off that I had to move. I ended up getting an epidural, which only worked on one side again. But that was perfect b/c it gave me some relief for the last hour or so and helped me relax enough that Jonah was born shortly afterwards. Way easier labor than with Ellie and way easier postpartum recovery, for which I am very thankful. Probably more than you wanted to know, but it was actually and enjoyable experience and we are just so thankful for our sweet boy! It took us about a day to figure out which name fit him, but he's definitely a Jonah and I can't imagine him as anything else.



Jonah and me just after he was born. I actually got to deliver him myself, which was amazing!


9 lbs 6.6 oz and 21.5 inches long. The doctor was so shocked, he made the nurse weigh him twice.


On our way to my postpartum room a few hours after Jonah was born.


Ellie came to the hospital to celebrate my birthday with me and loved being close to "her baby."


Daddy and Jonah. I think Jonah is going to look a lot like his daddy, except for the nose and I predict Jonah will be taller.

Leaving the hospital to go home.


Ellie loving on her brother. She kisses him all day long and wants to hold him too. When he cries, she can't stand it and will cry too which makes everything a little more stressful.


We can't tell yet, but I think his eyes will be green like Josh's. It's a fifty/fifty shot whether they will be green or blue.


Jonah seriously has the biggest feet on any newborn I have ever seen. His feet are almost as long as Ellie's are now. This is why I think he definitely got the Slater height. Josh is really hoping he got the McMillon bulk too, which would make the perfect football player.




4 comments:

The Swanson Family said...

I LOVE him!!! his hair!! you all look so great!! congrats!! i wish i were there to offer a helping hand, but i have great confidence you are doing just GREAT!! YEAH JONAH!!

Nicole said...

He's so precious! I'm glad things went a little easier this time around. Congrats to all of you!

Nicole said...

He's so precious! I'm glad things went a little easier this time around. Congrats to all of you!

The Shoemakers said...

Congrats! His if fantastic. So happy for you all. Ellie is so cute. Love all the hair both of them have.